Eiza González Reyna, best known as Darling in the 2017’s action/thriller movie Baby Driver is an amazing Mexican actress. Apart from acting in movies and TV shows, this 31-years-old has also sang a couple of hit songs.
Eiza Gonzalez’s Bio: Ethnicity, Family, Education
The actress hails from Mexico City, Mexico. Her father was Carlos González, who died in a motorcycle accident when “Godzilla vs. Kong” star Eiza was 12. Consequently, the actress suffered from mental health issues like depression and compulsive overeating. The tragic loss affected her in her 15-20 years of age. The Latino shared,
“I lost my father very young, but not young enough to not be aware of what was going on. My father and I had an amazing relationship. We were very close. I fell into a very dark place and I couldn’t deal with [the] loss. I started eating excessively and gained a lot of weight, and I was very sad. I wasn’t in a good place. I wouldn’t say I had an eating disorder, I would say I was going through depression.”
Now, she has one living parent, her mother Glenda Reyna, a yesteryear Mexican model. Furthermore, she also has an elder brother named Yulen. For her education, the Latino attended institutions in her hometown. Prior to joining ‘M & M Studio’, an acting school run by Patricia Reyes Spíndola in Mexico City in 2003, she went to ‘American School Foundation’ and ‘Edron Academy’. Both of the latter institutions are Mexico City-based too.
After a year in ‘M & M Studio’, she, then 14, went to ‘Centro de Educación Artística’, for a three years course in Acting. While attending that entertainment educational institute of Televisa, she was discerned by Pedro Damián, a producer/director.
Her Debut In Acting World
In 2007, seventeen years old Eiza secured her role as the lead female protagonist as “Dolores “Lola” Valente” in her first television series called Lola: Érase una vez. The show was an adaptation of 2004’s Flinderella and ran for two seasons. It premiered in Mexico from February 26, 2007, to January 11, 2008. The viewers received the show quite nicely making it quite a success. Finally, the series was broadcasted in the USA and many countries across Latin America.
Then 18-years-old recently launched actress traveled to New York City to attend ‘Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute’ for a three months acting class. Her supportive mother accompanied her and both of them flew back home upon the completion of the course.
Eiza’s Singing Debut
Eiza’s popularity lured numerous professional opportunities. After returning from the United States, she was offered to be Avon Mexico’s (Cosmetic brand) new face as ‘Color Trend de Avon‘, the same year. By the end of that year (2008), she signed a deal with EMI Televisa. With this collaboration, on November 24, 2009, she released her debut album ‘Contracorriente’ in Latin America. She took her music to the USA through Capitol Latin on January 06, 2010. Mexico loved her songs and her album made it to the 13th position on the top 100 albums chart of Mexico.
Simultaneously, she appeared alongside Susana González as Gaby (teenage antagonist) in the psychological thriller tv series Mujeres asesinas in 2009.
Eiza dated “Call Me By Your Name” star Timothée Chalamet
The juicy summer fling materialized into nothing for Eiza and Academy awards nominated American actor Timothée Chalamet. They were seen smooching each other inside a swimming pool in the summer of 2020. the couple went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with a couple of their friends for a five-days-vacation where, reportedly, Timothée couldn’t hold back but played guitar for his girlfriend Eiza. Subsequently the trip, the pair were spotted around Los Angeles.
By the end of October 2020, E! News reported that the couple was no longer a girlfriend-boyfriend. On October 29, 2020, Cosmopolitan quoted the source who then recently spoke to Eiza and confirmed about the couple’s break up as-
“They weren’t together for long, just that Cabo trip.”
Prior to Timothée Chalamet, the actress was in a relationship with Josh Duhamel. The 2019’s “Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw” actress Eiza who starred along with the veteran actor Dwayne Johnson accidentally posted a completely naked photo of her then partner Josh on Instagram. Unfortunately, that relationship only lasted for five months. The Daily Mail reported the separation on July 24, 2018, where Josh, on his way to his gym said,
‘If you are looking for Eiza, we’re done.’
List Of Every Eiza Gonzalez’s Movies
- Ambulence (2022) – The movie is in post-production now. It’s a mystery film directed by Michael Bay.
- Love Spreads (2021)– It’s a story about an all-female-rock band where Eiza portrays Patricia. It’s set to be released on June 13, 2021.
- Spirit Untamed (2021) – Elaine Bogan directed this adventure/family animation movie where Eiza gave her voice to Milagro Navarro.
- Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)– This sci-fi/action movie is directed by Adam Wingard. She played the role of Maia Simmons.
- I Care a Lot (2020) – as Fran
- Cut Throat City (2020)– as Lucinda Valencia.
- BloodShot (2020)– as Katie/KT
- Hobbs And Shaw (2019)– Madame M/Magarita
- She’s Missing (2019)– as Jane
- Alita; Battle Angel (2019)– as Nyssiana
- Paradise Hills (2019)– as Amarna
- Welcome to Marwen (2018)– as Caralala
- Baby Driver(2017)– as Monica “Darling” Castello
- Jem and the Holograms (2015)– as Sheila “Jetta” Burns
- Almost Thirty (2014)– as Cristina
- The Croods (2013) and Horton Hears a Who (2008)
Studio Albums Of Eiza Gonzalez
- Contracorriente (2009)– Mi Destino Soy Yo
- Te Acordarás de Mí (2012)– The album has 12 tracks and is lead by song Te Acordarás de Mí.
Some Facts about Eiza Gonzalez
- She celebrates her birthday on January 30. The actress was born in 1990.
- Eiza stands tall at the height of 5′ 8″ (1.73 m).
- Her net worth hovers around $5M.
- The actress seems to be single currently (2021).
- She can fluently speak English, Spanish, and Italian.
- She dressed up as Jasmine from Aladdin for 2017’s Halloween.
- The Academy (Home of the Oscars) official Instagram uploaded her picture recognizing her eight years of Hollywood on 3rd July, 2021.