Manalo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara, who turns 30-years-old in December 2021, is an American actor/director. He’s best known for the movie Hot Pursuit (2015) which also starred his mother, Sofia Vergara as one of the central characters.
Who is Manolo Gonzalez Vergara?
Manalo is the only child of the 90s biggest television personality and today’s highest-paid actress, Sofia Vergara. She shares her son with her ex-husband, her high-school sweetheart, Joe Gonzalez. The young couple got married in 1991, and by the last month of the year, Manolo was born. They stayed married for about two years and eventually parted their ways. The divorce separated Monolo’s parents and he was brought to Miami, United States from Colombia by his mom. 1994’s immigrant single-mother-son duo had a future beyond their imagination.
Growing up with a teenager single mom
Manolo’s mom Sofia was nineteen when she conceived him. Within a few years, she was raising her little boy on her own, in a foreign land. Miami isn’t always nice for hustlers and broken families. However, she did her best to raise her son right. In fact, she firmly avoided any living-in relationships until Manolo graduated from his high school. For a young son living without his father, she thought a man in the house would discombobulate him more. Well, she didn’t want to confuse Manolo. In an interview with People, she shared,
“I was really young when I divorced his father, so I raised him trying to set the best example and give him the best that I could.”
Furthermore, like a great parent, she didn’t fail to instill good manners and kindness in Manolo. Well, the Manolo couldn’t turn any better. Sofia added,
“When people compliment me on him, on how well mannered, how charming, funny, and well-behaved he is, it makes all the sacrifices worthwhile.”
Manolo’s pursuit of showbiz
With the amalgamation of two great-looking people, Manolo has grown up to be one of the best-looking guys in the town. It all made sense when he officially debuted his modeling career in 2014 with Paper Magazine. The following year, this hottest model graduated from Emerson College. His dad, Joe Gonzalez also attended the ceremony.
He didn’t plan to rest as a model. The same year he graduated, in 2015, he took a leap into acting and portrayed the role of DJ in his first film Hot Pursuit. Since then, he has also earned quite a few movie credits as an actor as well as director. Turns out, he’s skilled for more than a few jobs.
The list of his movies includes:
- Waking Up (2017), as a director.
- Post-Mortem, as a director.
- The Big Feed as Victor Varnay.
- Guilty Party (TV series).
- Vandal (2019), as Jorgie Lobo.
- Destined To Ride as Max Elliot.
- #ThisIsCollege (TV Program) as Alberto.
Manolo Family Equation
The actor is close to both sides of his family, even though his parents’ separation happened a long time ago. As a matter of fact, in March 2021, Manolo was vacationing on a beach with his father Joe Gonzalez, Joe’s partner Annie Garcia, and his two stepbrother- Nikko and the other one. The adorable photographs from the trip will stun all the fans.
On the other end, his mother married Joe Manganiello, an American actor in 2015. He shares a lovely bond with his stepfather. He also has a cousin sister, Claudia Vergara, who is creating a burgeoning Instagram empire with almost 300K followers.
Manolo’s Relationship Status
Currently, Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara appears to be single and doesn’t have a wife. His “only bae” who flaunts in his Instagram feed the most is his adopted chihuahua. Baguette Gonzalez, an almost 8 years old pooch is the most popular member of his family. As a matter of fact, Sofia treats Baguette as her granddaughter. In May 2019, Oprah Daily quoted Manolo saying,
“My mother didn’t like dogs. For the 20-something years, I was alive, she never let me have a dog because she didn’t like dogs, and then suddenly I get this one. Now she’s obsessed. My mother treats her (Baguette) as if she’s her granddaughter, 100 percent.”
While Baguette’s presence is visible, we have not sighted Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara with his girlfriend yet. Without any clue about his relationship status, all we can hope is that he’s happy either way.
Facts of Manolo Gonzalez Vergara
- He is a humongous Cher, the singer’s fan. The actor even has memorabilia, including pillows with Cher’s similitude in them.
- With his witty sense of humor, he can make people ROFL.
- He stands tall at the approximate height of 5’11 (1.80 meters) (180 cm).
- Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara is a rich man. While his personal earnings hover around a single-digit million, his overall net worth exceeds atleast100M. The actor is the only child of his mother, whose net worth is $180M.
- He reels himself cooking in the kitchen with an apron and uploads it in his YouTube channel. He also shares it on his Instagram. So far, he had made Chicken Piccata, Patacones (Fried Plantain), Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potato Casserole, and more.
- The actor has a few tattoos on his body. The one in his chest says- Nothing is actually happening.
- People confuse the actor as gay, but we don’t have any legitimate reason to make speculations about his sexuality.