Do you know Ella Lopez, the coolest forensic scientist for the Los Angeles Police Department? Or, Jamie Batista, sister of Sergeant Angel Batista and Dexter’s new nanny? If this doesn’t ring a bell for you, you should update your television series game. For a starter, watch Fox-turned-Netflix’s mystery show Lucifer or CBS’s series Dexter. Nevertheless, the list doesn’t end there considering the extensive resume of the actress Aimee Garcia, 42, who brought life to those fictional characters.
Aimee Garcia’s Brief Bio: Ethnicity, Education & Early Career
She is a proud Latina of Puerto Rican and Mexican descent born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. The actress found her role model in her mother, Eloisa Garcia who was the first Latino to graduate from Northwestern’s dental school. Garcia remembers her as a “trailblazer”. Garcia might have sourced confidence from her mother and strength from her dad, Hector Garcia who served in the U.S. Military.
In 1985, the seven-year-old Garcia made her debut in the entertainment world as a dancer. Her first professional performance was in Paul Mejia’s Cinderella at the Auditorium Theater. Five years later, she was in The Nutcracker as Clara with 20 shows a month.
After years of engagement with Chicago Circuit Theatre, she finally took a break and went to Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. That never meant she gave up her passion for performing. In fact, Garcia fielded “Diana Morales”, the lead role in A Chorus Line for Broadway choreographer Mitzi Hamilton.
At the age of 21, Garcia was living in New York where she struggled financially and as she said to Chicagoly on December 18, 2016,
“I lived in Brooklyn. I lived in a closet. And there were cockroaches.”
Little did she know that life had a different plan for her. Eventually, the actress moved to Los Angeles aka Hollywood in 2002. However, before LA, Garcia hadn’t considered acting as a real job. “I always thought of acting more as a hobby, something to do for fun,” she shared. LA wasn’t warm either. She progressed with one foot in front of the other.
Garcia’s hustles began to pay off
After being a professional artist for about 17 years, she finally landed up in a show which gained her regular Television actress reputation. It was Warner Brothers’ Greetings From Tucson (2002) where she played Maria Tiant.
Subsequently, she has played some iconic roles like:
- Marisa Benez, an EMT helicopter pilot in Peter Berg’s NBC drama Trauma (2001).
- She played a role of a Nurse alongside the superstar Jennifer Aniston in Mike White’s romance/drama film The Good Girl (2002)
- Veronica Palmero, daughter of Andy Garcia in The George Lopez Show (2002).
- Alma, in a short-lived ABC’s series Off The Map.
- Adult Cristina Moreno, in a James L. Brooks rom-com movie Spanglish (2004) with co-star Adam Sandler.
- Carmen Salgado, in Carmen Marron’s drama movie, Go For It! (2011).
- Sergeant “Didi” Diaz, in the Mystery TV show Rush Hour (2016)
- Vanessa, in a Joe Carnahan’s Action/Drama El Chicano (2018)
- Denise, in a family/comedy film The Addams Family (2019). The movie also stars Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things actor), Snoop Dogg, and Chloë Grace Moretz.
- Jodie, in Marvel’s sci-fi series M.O.D.O.K (2021)
- Ella Lopez, Lucifer (2016 onwards). Scarlett Estevez, Rachel Harris, Dennis Haysbert are some of the other cast of Lucifer.
Is Aimee dating? What’s her relationship status?
She has been romancing in her on-screen life, nevertheless, the actress is reportedly single off-screen. Speaking of her previous relationship, Anthony Cook, a former American Footballer was her rumored boyfriend. Without any official confirmation, the speculations vanished into the thin air.
Garcia is a career-driven woman, who claims to be in a committed relationship with her work itself, which is quite high-maintenance and demanding. But, we never know. She could be engaged or married or dating or just single, considering the celebrities’ desire to keep something out of public scrutiny. Still, we know that she doesn’t have a child yet.
Fun fact about
- She can fluently speak Spanish.
- The actress has worked with the greatest athlete Michael Jordan in a McDonald’s commercial. They spent 7.5 hours together.
- Her net worth hovers around $2M.